|Name of University||Tshwane University of Technology|
|Motto||We empower people|
|Established||01 January 2004|
|Province||Gauteng, Limpopo and Mpumalanga|
|Faculties||Arts and Design; Economics and Finance; Engineering and the Built Environment; Humanities; Information and Communication Technology; Management Sciences; Science|
|Campuses||Arcadia Campus, Arts Campus, eMalahleni Campus, Ga-Rankuwa Campus, Mbombela Campus, Polokwane Campus, Pretoria Campus, Soshanguve North Campus and Soshanguve South Campus|
Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) founded in 01 January 2004 is a public university of technology in Gauteng, Limpopo and Mpumalanga. The Tshwane campuses are the Arcadia Campus, Arts Campus, Pretoria Campus, Ga-Rankuwa Campus and the North and South Campuses in Soshanguve. TUT also has campuses in eMalahleni, Mbombela and Polokwane.
TUT offers more than 400 career options, attracting more than 60 000 students annually. Apart from having the finest academic minds from all over the world, TUT also offers a rich multicultural student life, ensuring that our students enjoy a well-rounded varsity experience.
Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) Faculties and Courses offered
The list of faculties and courses offered by the Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) is given below:
Faculty of Arts and Design
Faculty of Economics and Finance
Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment
- Architecture and Industrial Design
- Building Sciences
- Chemical, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering
Faculty of Humanities
- Applied Languages
- Integrated Communication
- Public Management
- Safety and Security Management
- School of Education
Faculty of Information and Communication Technology
- Computer Science
- Computer Systems Engineering
- ICT First Years’ and Foundation Unit
- Information Technology
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Business and Information Management Services
- Hospitality Management
- Management and Entrepreneurship
- Marketing, Supply Chain and Sport Management
- Operations Management
- People Management and Development
- Tourism Management
- Tshwane School for Business and Society
Faculty of Science
- Adelaide Tambo School of Nursing Science
- Animal Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Biotechnology and Food Technology
- Crop Sciences
- Environmental Health
- Environmental, Water and Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Nature Conservation
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Sport, Rehabilitation and Dental Sciences
Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) prospectus contains information about the institution and the available courses, including advice on how to apply, registration, contact details and the benefits of accepting a place among others. Click here to view Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) Prospectus.
Entry or Admission Requirements
You have to meet the below entry requirements in order to study at Tshwane University of Technology (TUT).
Minimum general admission requirements for study at TUT
No person may be registered as a student in a programme of TUT, unless he or she has complied with the following
General admission requirements for TUT
- A pass mark in English at Senior Certificate level (minimum additional language; certain programmes may require first or home language status)
- Each course has its own specific admission requirements.
- Prospective students should note that the admission requirements of individual programmes could change from year to year.
- For some programmes, students will be required to write an admission test, which will determine whether they will be admitted to the programme, or whether it will be recommended to them that they enrol for a relevant foundation course.
For full details of entry requirements click here!
Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) Accommodation / Residences
The Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) is the largest residential educational institution in South Africa. You will meet students from a variety of backgrounds and where you will be challenged intellectually, culturally and in the sports arena. Expect to learn a variety of new and exciting skills, which will enhance your personal development. Our University residences are a haven for hardworking, diligent, creative and progressive young people.
TUT offer accommodation to students at affordable rates. Each residence provides basic facilities, but certain specialised facilities are unique to specific residences. In each residence students will be welcomed and assisted to adapt to the residence and campus environment.
How to apply for Residence
First-year students should indicate on the official TUT admission application form whether or not they want to apply for residence accommodation. These students will be selected based on their unconditional acceptance for enrolment of a full-time academic qualification offered at TUT. If there are too many first-year students qualifying for a residence, further selection will be based on the date of unconditional acceptance by the faculty.
Returning senior students must apply for residence accommodation for the following year before end of October, by using the online application process. Students can login to their Student iEnabler accounts and select/click on Residence Application. They can also directly visit the link: https://tutprodi4app.tut.ac.za/pls/prodi41/w99pkg.mi_login. Returning students who do not follow this procedure will not be assured of a residence space the following year. These students will be selected based on the criteria as stated in the placement policy. The main requirements are the following:
- The student should have obtained a minimum academic average of 50% (55% in the case of senior residences) for the full academic year or must have passed all semester and year courses;
- The student should not exceed the maximum number of years allowed to reside in any TUT residence. The maximum number of years is the minimum number of academic years required by TUT to complete a qualification successfully plus one additional year;
- The student must be registered for a minimum of two subjects. (Subjects registered for non-degree purposes will not be taken into account.);
- have settled all outstanding fees or made arrangements with TUT Student Finance;
All other students who want to apply for residence accommodation should apply online in the beginning of the year that they require the accommodation for, after their academic registration. These applications will only be considered after returning senior students and first-year students have been registered and these students will be selected according to the same criteria that applies to returning students and on a first-come-first served basis.
For more information go to: https://www.tut.ac.za/saed/arlc/about
Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) Application Status
Did you have submitted your application study at Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) in South Africa and you would like to check the status of your application to the college for your programme of study.
Once you have applied and have received the acknowledgement letter, you may use the login details on such a letter to track the process of your application. To do that navigate to the login screen and login using the details given on the acknowledgement letter.
To track your application go to: https://ienabler.tut.ac.za
How to apply to study at Tshwane University of Technology (TUT)?
If you want to apply to the Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) to study in the next academic year, you can apply online at: https://ienabler.tut.ac.za/pls/prodi41/gen.gw1pkg.gw1view .
Application for January intake, closes end of September each year.
Campus of Tshwane University of Technology and contact details
Address: 175 Nelson Mandela Drive, Pretoria
Tel: +27 12 382 5911
Address: 24 Du Toit Street (corner Du Toit & Struben Streets), Pretoria
Tel: 086 110 2421
Address: Mandela Street, Witbank, eMalahleni, 1034
Tel: +27 13 653 3107
Address: 2827 Zone 2, Botsi Street, Ga-Rankuwa
Tel: 086 110 2421
Address: Madiba Drive, Mbombela, Mpumalanga, 1200
Tel: 086 110 2421
Address: 109 Market St, Polokwane Ext 67, Polokwane, 0699
Tel: +27 15 287 0770
Address: Staatsartillerie Road, Pretoria West
Tel: 086 110 2421
Soshanguve North Campus
Tel: 012 382 9000
Soshanguve South Campus
Address: 2 Aubrey Matlala Road, Block K, Soshanguve
Tel: 086 110 2421
For more information visit Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) official website: https://www.tut.ac.za